Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Not So Tasty Tuesday

So to give myself something to blog about I thought it would be a good idea to post new recipes I've learned every Tuesday. Well I'm not doing that today.

The last few months, my jeans have been getting tighter and tighter until I couldn't even fit into one of my favorite pairs. I was very bewildered by this as I have always seemed to think that I could eat all the yummy food I want and life would go on just the same. I've never heard of successful dieting and let’s face it, exercising is just hard -unless you're playing volleyball which is difficult to do once you've quite playing for an organized team and need to find 12 people that can/want to play. It would always break my heart-almost to the point of weeping- when my friends would decide to waste their life in the misery of eating not that great of food and/or laughably small portions. Even if I wanted to be like all these crazy people I wouldn’t even know where to start. When playing sports I just did what coaches told me to do and didn’t pay attention to the exercises. I guess I could just go outside and run but since I was finagled into running a Ragnar this summer I don’t ever have to run again in this life. And I honestly couldn’t tell you what a healthy calorie intake would be. It could be 200 or 2 million for all I know.

Well I don’t know what made me all of a sudden care enough to want to fit back into these pants since I’m sure I’ve always outgrown things and just blissfully went on to bigger sized clothing. It’s never affected me in the slightest when my BYU soccer sister scowls at my plate and smugly eats her tofu and jicima, and health lectures about our society today have always gone in one ear and out the other since they’re all meant for anyone else to hear I’m sure. Maybe it’s because my husband has the body of a Greek God carved from stone. Maybe it’s because my piano bench has been creaking rather loudly when I sit on it lately. Whatever the reason, my mom gave me a diet and I am determined to see if I can do it. Even if I don’t get an ounce smaller I want to see if I am capable of doing it. In fact, it might be better if it didn’t have any effect so that I can know for certain that my theories on the subject are correct and I can go back to being happy.

The diet is the 2-week Scarsdale Medical Diet that promises you a pound weight loss every day, or a 14 pound drop after the two weeks. My mom swears by this thing and says it’s always worked for her. I’m a skeptic but if I lose just half that I’d be happy and I just want to see if I’m capable of such a thing as a diet.

Today is my first day. I have never in my whole life had celery unless someone else brought it to a function in a bowl overflowing with ranch dressing. Now I know why. It’s disgusting.

Anyway, I’ll let you know how I do and if it works.

4 comments:

  1. I'd be interested to know if it works. I'm going to have a little baby weight to lose after february. Not counting the baby weight I never lost the first time around...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna try that. I've been gaining some weight as well lately.
    And if you wanna play vball..I'm up for it! It's been quite a while though.. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll let you know how well it works. So far, so good. Makenzie, are you in Logan? I play every Wednesday with old Utah State teammates and other ex-club and college players. If you're up here you should come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm buying that book right now. I'm still luggin around 10+ pounds so this better work. :)

    ReplyDelete