Thursday, October 20, 2011

Updates

Following up on a couple of old blog posts-

I finished Gone With the Wind and loved it...until the end. I have never been more upset over any other book or movie (or real life break up of my own--truly).

But I really loved the perspective it gave on the civil war and found a new favorite fictional heartthrob. (In love with Rhett Butler)

I guess I am a gluten for punishment because I immediately ordered the popular sequel Scarlett. If you read Gone With The Wind you have to finish the story with Scarlett. I loved Scarlett. As far as sequels go I thought it a great follow up story that for the most part, stayed consistent to the feel of Margaret Michell's novel.

Now I need a new book-suggestions please! I'm open to anything.

Scarsdale Medical Diet-

The two week diet I tried went pretty well. I broke it 2 days early-so not quite two weeks. I lost 6-7 pounds and it wasn't too hard- not as bad as I thought it would be.

What I liked:
The food was great.
I could eat until I was full at meal times.
It was easy to follow-no weird foods, nothing hard to find or cook.

What I didn't like:
I didn't have quite as much energy.
I wondered if it might have slowed my metabolism down.

After trying the diet, I decided that what would be best for me is to eat the suggested foods, add one more small portion between lunch and dinner, then work out.

I would definitely recommend trying it!

1 comment:

  1. Look at you! Cooking, crafting, reading...and you said you weren't a blogger...I love all of these posts. So impressed by the blanket chest, love the recipes, and am totally going to read Gone With the Wind.

    ReplyDelete